January updates


Late December saw a lot of progress on the layout. Here are some pictures of what I got done. 


First up, the Midland Valve building. As you can see, I ballasted the tracks and added scenery between them. You can also see the painted brick roads in the background. I didn't care for the loading docks for this fairly major customer on my layout, so those rickety old docks were going to have to go.


In comes the modular dock, and it begins to take shape.


Note the rickety end dock too...


We now have three dimensions...


Now we're ready for some serious freight handling.






I determined that there was going to be a concrete parking lot and road (mainly to contrast against the brick that's everywhere else), so I went ahead and painted that. The large open area that stretches toward the top of the photo is the storage yard for Midland Valve.



Once the road was in, more scenery and detail followed.






Note the incomplete grade crossing...


Good view of the brick streets in the background. I'm happy with the way the color came out.



I repurposed the rickety docks into maintenance platforms for the yard.





I had this old water tower base and a small corner that I wasn't sure what to do with. I decided to make the water tower base part of a long-abandoned structure. Nature is trying to reclaim it.




Comments