Simple HO scale interior detailing

I like to put little details inside most of my buildings. Why? Because it looks cool and I'm a glutton for frustration. This was a pretty simple install. I had an old Tyco (?) tower that I knocked off its base and popped the roof off. It had this big window that everyone could look right into, so I needed to put something in there.
I found an old junk pre-painted figure to have staring out the window and used some plaster equipment from a sci-fi set (more on this in another post) to stand in as random machines. With interiors, all you need are suggested forms. You don't need every detail unless it's really close. The mind fills in what isn't there.
By adding a figure, a few Preiser chairs leftover from another project and the machine shapes with some random paint colors on them to give them a little life, anyone looking in the window is going to say -- hey, there's a little guy working in there.
The floor is black foamcore that I cut to fit. I used two pieces of plastic L bracket to support the floor. Here's the project in pictures:

Here are the various pieces laid out.


Here we have the floor installed along with the chairs, the figure and the machines.


And two shots of the complete project.



Comments