Big, bigger, biggest

I wanted a large -- very large -- downtown building to anchor my small slice of city and serve as a partial view block to the industries beyond. Originally, I was going to use the DPM MT Arms kit, but then realized it was much smaller then I thought. I would need about 15 kits to accomplish what I wanted. I then looked to the DPM modular pieces and calculated out what I needed, but it was still going to be pretty expensive and it wasn't really the look I wanted. So I ended up going back to the computer and my Evan Designs software.
I found a brick pattern I liked, added windows and some trim to break up the brick as well as a nice decorative cornice. I added some fancy doors for the main entrance and started printing. It took four sheets printed longways to get everything included. This thing is huge -- 14" high and the longest wall is about 19" long.
Like some of my previous "printed" buildings, I printed out the paper, trimmed off the excess and used a glue stick to attach the pieces to pre-cut pieces of black foamcore. Once all the walls were done, I glued them together using yellow glue. The edges were still a little rough, so I printed out some stone corner trim to overlap the ratty edges, which is illustrated in two of the photos below. I then added various roof details. I've very pleased with the way this turned out. I took several photos of the building in its final position to give you an idea of what it looks like in place.











The edges looked ratty, so I printed out some corner stonework to hide them.








The black part of the wall is the bare foamcore -- this part of the building is hidden by other buildings, so no point in wasting ink.







Comments