HO scale power plant progress


I've been working on the configuration of my HO scale power plant to see what best fits the space. While I originally intended to have a coal pile, there just isn't enough room for it and the conveyors from the coal dump by the tracks. 



Here's my mock-up using a spare box. I wanted a larger conveyor tower that would at least make it plausible for the coal to move from the tracks up to the boiler house. Having worked in a coal-burning plant, I can tell you it is not uncommon to have underground conveyors and access tunnels.



Here's my foamcore box with the conveyors inserted. This will be a concrete tower. I made a small shed over the other conveyor. This is probably a crusher building (hey, it's not a working plant, so it just needs to look "industrial" and doesn't have to be a science fair project explaining every step of coal-generated kilowatts.) Pretty much every power plant is unique, so there are differing layouts for each plant anyway. I had to move the plant further to the left to make room for the conveyors -- which were a must-have, but that eliminated the room for the coal pile.


Comments