How to detail an engine house

I recently completed adding most of the details around the Chicago Yard engine house. It includes adding a paved area and a sanding facility. Eventually, I may add a basic fueling column. I will also be adding more figures and fine details on the paved area.

Here are the completed shots:









The pavement is styrene sprayed light gray. The expansion joints are done with a fine art pen, as are the cracks. I then weathered it with a basic black chalk scrub. The sand tower is from a Walthers kit - it includes the tower (it also comes with a single column tower as well), the drying house and the large storage bin. I'm not sure I like the doors on the engine house. I may change them to a roll up style, but that can come later. This scene is basically 80 percent complete, so I'm moving on.

Comments