Walthers Magic Pan Bakery -- grain towers

I wanted a grain tower or towers for my brewery to use as storage. Originally, I was going to use a single grain tower, such as the ones made by Rix, but then I spotted the Walthers Magic Pan Bakery kit with its four narrow silos that would fit the small space I had perfectly. For the brewery, I'm using only the four silos and the adjoining tower (which I think houses various pumps and compressors used to move the grain, but I don't know for sure nor do I really care). There's another main office/factory portion of the kit which I did not use here, but will probably find a use for later. (What will probably happen is I'll forget I have it and then run across it a few years from now and go "Wow, I forgot I had this).

Here's the completed tower and the start of the weathering wash.


Here's the completed weathering. Much better.





Everything went together pretty well. The silos were somewhat fiddly, as was all the piping and railings, but nothing too complicated. It's your typical Walthers kit.

Here's a test fit of the silos before adding the tower to the scene:



Here are various shots of the silos on the layout and the overall scene.






Comments