Kirtland, Ohio train show pictures

Here are some pictures I took at the Kirtland, Ohio, train show this weekend. There was a really good crowd and I was happy with the number of dealers. Here are some random pics of layouts that I took.



























Lucky there's a fence up -- those horses are the size of elephants. (Why do people put out-of-scale items on their modules? This would look better without anything rather than these dime-store toys.)



Here are some crowd shots to give you a general idea of the size of the show:

Main gym looking left from the main door:

Same spot looking right.

The other gym:





There's also another large room, probably about the same size of the one pictured above, plus a small workout room plus several other rooms down the hall, all packed with dealers. 

Here's what I ended up with:
Mini-metals pickup truck
Mini-metals tank truck (two of them)
Mine-metals box truck
Two Magnuson truck kits -- a flat bed and a stake bed.
Athearn ready-to-roll Boston & Maine boxcar (I'm pretty much done with kits with microscopic plastic grabs. Let the Chinese put it together for me.)
P2K assembled CBQ gondola
Three packs of Tichy Train Group pallets (you can never have too many of these).
Woodland Scenics Fruit Stand scene (I'll use it outside my grocery store in the city).
A CBQ mouse pad.
A CGW coaster and a CGW T-shirt.
A bunch of Radical Flats background prints.

Overall, probably the best Kirtland show I've been to. I recommend it if you've never been there.

Comments